March 18, 2020
Authored by: Rebecca Harding-Hill, Charles Jellinek and Mark Kaye
We understand that our clients and contacts will be addressing complex COVID-19 related HR issues in multiple jurisdictions. BCLP, together with our local counsel friends, have produced a global Q&A document covering 35 jurisdictions.
The document covers the following questions:
- What if an employee refuses to attend work due to fear of the coronavirus?
- What if an employee refuses to undertake work travel to an ‘at risk’ area?
- Can an employee be stopped from holidaying to an ‘at risk’ area?
- If an employee is off sick due to the coronavirus are they entitled to sick pay?
- What should we do if someone suffering from the coronavirus comes into the workplace?
- What if the workplace needs to be closed?
- Can an employee be required by their employer to ‘self-isolate’?
- What physical measures should employers be taking?
- How should employers deal with discriminatory behaviours?
If you have any questions that we have not covered, please contact any member of the team and we could be happy to help.